Christmas is the perfect excuse to wear purple nougat, polvorones and all kinds of desserts and sweets. And after a juicy Christmas dinner we fancy tasting a delicious dessert that surprises guests.
We propose three recipes that are delicious and with which you will surprise your guests.
A mousse is always an elegant and sophisticated dessert, its spongy texture is perfect to enjoy chocolate in a much lighter bite, which we can enrich by adding some red fruits or decorating with fresh mint leaves.
- 65 g butter
- 150 g of chocolate to melt
- 35 g of sugar or sweetener (optional)
- 100 g of whipped cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 egg whites
- Melt the chocolate with the butter and stir until a homogeneous dough remains.
- Add the egg yolks, stir well and reserve.
- Set the egg whites aside to the snow point next to the sugar and add them to the previous mixture. Add the cream too.
- Pour the mixture into a mold and freeze for 2 hours.
Decorate your chocolate mousse with fruit before serving!
This dessert comes from France and its name is due to the form it chooses, since it is usually prepared, presented and decorated in the shape of a log ready for the fireplace.
The recipe for the Christmas log consists of three main parts: a cake, a custard that is used for filling and covering, and finally, assemble and decorate the Christmas log.
For the Christmas log cake:
- 4 eggs
- 120 g wheat flour
- 100 g sugar and a pinch of salt (5 g.)
For the syrup:
- 75 g sugar, 75 g Water
- 1 stream of Amaretto (5 ml.)
- 1 strip of orange peel and one of lemon peel
For the filling:
- 450 ml cream
- 150 ml whole milk
- 100 g sugar
- 300 g soft nougat Jijona
- 4 sheets or sheets of neutral jelly
- 200 g chocolate coverage 70%
- 200 ml cream 35% M.G.
To see how to make this dessert and follow the steps I recommend you visit this page where it explains very well
Es un postre tradicional danés. Se hace mezclando arroz con leche con nata montada, vainilla y almendra picada, y suele tomarse frío con una salsa de cereza. Dentro del postre se añade una almendra entera y el comensal que la encuentra se lleva un premio (algo parecido al roscón de reyes)
- 1 liter of milk
- 150 g round rice
- 1/4 l liquid cream
- 100 sugar
- Vanilla 1
- Crushed Almonds 10
- Cherries 300 g
- 80 g sugar
Preparation of rice pudding:
- Pour the milk into a saucepan, add the vanilla bean and cook for 20 min.
- Add sugar, mix well. Cook 1/4 an hour until the rice absorbs the milk.
- Add the crushed almonds, mix and let cool.
- Add liquid cream and add to rice.
Preparation of cherry coulis:
- In a saucepan, heat the cherries with 2 tablespoons of water and sugar.
- To leave compoter.
Spread the rice in cups, pour the hot cherry coulis, add (optional) some fresh mint leaves.