Beer is one of the most consumed drinks in the world and it is that, very fresh, they are delicious, they help us to combat the heat and, in addition, it is a great ally for our health. Unlike what is believed, beer provides us with necessary nutrients for our body.
There is a great variety in terms of types, brands, flavors, ways of elaboration, and ingredients. It is a natural drink, it is a natural drink in whose elaboration process four basic ingredients intervene: cereal malt, usually barley or wheat, hops, yeast and water.
It is an important source of carbohydrates, amino acids, vitamins, and organic acids, so if consumed in moderation, it can become part of any balanced diet.
1. Beer is rich in hops, a substance that contains polyphenols (flavonoids) with antioxidant properties and beneficial effects on aging and cardiovascular risk.
2. Contains B vitamins (niacin, pyridoxine, and riboflavin) and folates. This vitamin is important for the functioning of the nervous system, for the brain and the regeneration of cells, in addition to vitamins A, D and E.
3. It should be noted that, due to its high H2O content, it is a diuretic drink that prevents the formation of kidney stones or the famous kidney stones.
4. Thanks to its high doses of fiber, it regulates intestinal transit, since it is made up of barley, which contains beta-glucans, and is a type of soluble fiber that helps reduce cholesterol levels.
5. Some studies have observed the effect of silicon on bone, since the polyphenols, flavonoids and the silicon that compose it, demonstrate that its administration produces a positive effect on bone mass.
6. The high folic acid content of beer (but in this case without alcohol), is very beneficial for the health of pregnant women, since it is a key vitamin in the nervous system and for the regeneration of cells. In addition, it reduces the oxidative stress of the mother after childbirth and in lactation, non-alcoholic beer provides natural antioxidants that help protect cardiovascular diseases.
7. The properties of its ingredients, the low alcohol content and its organoleptic characteristics make it possible, according to research from the CSIC and the University of Granada, to make it a good drink for recovering the hormonal and immune metabolism of athletes after exercising.
8. A study discovered the relationship between beer and the disappearance of certain carcinogens. These are called heterocyclic amines and arise from fried meat.
9. Hops has traditionally been used as a tranquilizer plant, its sedative activity is mainly in its bitter acids, in particular its alpha acid component: 2-Methyl-3-buten-2-ol. In addition, it contains myrcenol, a positive modulator of GABA receptors and, therefore, also with a sedative effect, so this drink can alleviate sleep disturbances.
Numerous studies endorse beer consumption as long as it is "moderate" although they also warn of clear health risks if one exceeds it.