We immerse ourselves in the middle of autumn, the days are shorter and the afternoons become longer. The temperatures drop, the cold makes its entrance and new fruits appear on the market, filling our kitchens with new colors and flavors.
Chocolate and chestnut cake
It is an extremely easy cake to make that has chestnuts in two formats: flour and puree. The topping serves as a contrast of textures and is an opportunity to innovate: from some cookies that you have at home to a mixture like the one we propose.
- 110 g of chocolate (from 60% cocoa)
- 55 g milk chocolate
- 110 g butter
- 75 g of chestnut puree
- 4 eggs
- 100g sugar
- 50 g of chestnut flour
- 60 g spelled flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 40 g oat flakes
- 35 g of brown sugar
- 15 g of chestnut flour
- 15-20 g of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Cover the mold with kitchen paper.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a bowl and put in a double boiler until the butter and chocolate melt. Mix well and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile to prepare the topping: mix all the ingredients in a bowl until it has a texture of wet sand. Separate the eggs, leaving the yolks in a bowl and mixing them with half the sugar.
- Add the chocolate mixture once the yolks have cooled and mix everything well.
- In a third bowl, mix the spelled flour, chestnut flour and salt. Add to the chocolate mixture and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, raise the egg whites until stiff. Little by little add the sugar.
- Add a third of the egg whites to the chocolate mixture and beat well.
- Then add the rest of the egg whites, incorporating them into the mixture carefully with enveloping movements so as not to remove the air.
- Pour the mixture into the mold. And sprinkle the topping on top.
- Bake for 30/35 minutes until, inserting a knife in the center, it comes out clean.
- Let cool for 20 minutes in the mold and unmold.
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cheesecake
It is a very easy, creamy and delicious cake that has peanut butter that, in contrast to the flavor of the pumpkin, gives it that texture of oven cheesecakes that drives us crazy. Without hesitation, a dessert with a point and an exquisite flavor.
- Pumpkin cheesecake
- 450 gr pumpkin (roasted or cooked)
- 300 gr cream cheese Eat lean
- 100 gr pasteurized egg white
- 4 whole eggs
- 5 gr saccharin
- 1 cc grated ginger
- 1/2 cc cinnamon
- 1/4 cc nutmeg
- 100 gr peanut butter
- 200 gr milk
- 1 pinch salt
- In a bowl we crush all the ingredients of the cheesecake, until obtaining a homogeneous mass
- We introduce in a removable 20 cm mold lined with paper
- We bake our cheesecake at 160 degrees for 1 hour, we do it at a low temperature so that it sets slowly and thus obtain a better texture
- While the cheesecake is baking we can make the frosting, for this we place the milk in a saucepan together with the peanut butter and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. We will see how thick it is at the moment, we put to the point of salt and we go to a pastry bag.
- Once we have the cheesecake and the frosting tempered it is time to assemble our cake. To do this we are going to make some peaks on the cake, cut the tip of the sleeve and apply pressure when we are in contact with the cake, when we lift we stop pressing and we will see how the peaks are formed.
Fruit Smoothie with prickly pears and pomegranate
Smoothies are ideal for snacks, breakfasts or desserts, they are very easy to prepare and a great source of vitamins and nutrients.
- 1 grenade,
- 1 large Calanda peach,
- 1 large pear,
- 2 prickly pears,
- pineapple juice with apple and grape
- We peel the pomegranate and shell.
- We peel the prickly pears, with gloves to avoid pricking ourselves, and cut a couple of them into slices.
- Peel the peach and pear, chop them and put them in the blender with a glass of juice and blend well.
- With the pear that has been left over, we make slices.
- In each plate we place a glass of the smoothie, a sliced fig, the pear slices and a handful of pomegranate.
- These ingredients are for 2 people and the preparation time is 10 minutes.