Hawaiian massage, also known as lomi lomi nui massage, is a wonderful therapy for stimulating and relaxing muscles. This form of bodywork comes from the spiritual traditions of the original Polynesian Hawaiians. These pre-western colonization traditions treated the body and mind through the native Huna philosophy, forming part of an initiation rite practiced exclusively in the temples or "Heiau".
The Hawaiian lomi lomi nui massage has as one of its purposes not only to relax the muscles but also the spirit. It is a deep, fluid and rhythmic massage, which uses both the hands and the forearms, covering large areas of the body allowing a firm and controlled massage.
It is a massage modality practiced by the kahunas. Kahu is a Hawaiian voice that means "guardian" and the word huna means "secret", which makes the Kahunas "Keepers of the Secret". An essential affirmation of the Huna is that everything seeks harmony and love. The Lomi Lomi works subtly but deeply on the muscles with continuous and fluid caresses-massages, which nourish the body allowing it to relax and surrender to the recipient.
On the physical level, stress and tension are released, in addition to stimulating the elimination of toxins. But the Lomi Lomi massage is not just a physical experience, it reaches the mental, emotional and spiritual level. When one of these levels is cured, the others are also affected.
Illness is a state of tension that blocks the natural flow of energy, and the Lomi Lomi helps to release that path to healing.
Many times while feeling the muscle release, negative emotions and thoughts are also released, and the healing effects of the massage can continue long after the massage.
For the Hawaiian philosophy, love not only refers to the taste, affection or passion for someone or something, but includes tolerance, acceptance, appreciation, respect, compassion, non-judgment and forgiveness, among other concepts. .
The Lomi Lomi has a goal, to bring us back to our own nature, deeply connected with our innate intelligence, the wisdom of nature and our communion with the Spirit. It is one of the ways to liberate all resistance and fully open to our most intimate and authentic self.
"The Lomi Lomi massage is like feeling the gentle rolling of the waves of the sea on the body, it is being picked up and massaged throughout the body with love"
- By working on muscular tensions, we also help unblock energy lines (acupuncture meridians and joints)
- We improve the drainage of fluids (lymph, blood) and optimize the functioning of the organs.
- Balancing effect (relaxing or toning) that has the therapeutic contact of a professional on the body.
- At the same time, it treats the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual levels of the human being, achieving a soft but intense relaxation.
- Prevent body tension.
- Eliminate pain.
- Eliminate stress and depression.
- Release blocks and repressed feelings.
- Strengthen the immune system.
- Stimulate blood and lymphatic circulation.
- Improve breathing capacity by making it deeper.
- Provide greater flexibility to the muscles and mobilizes the joints.