Christmas is related to excesses, copious meals and company dinners, which leads to an increase in weight during these dates. However, it doesn't have to be that way. Today we bring you some very healthy and low calorie appetizer recipes to innovate and surprise family and friends with something new and different.
Beef carpaccio rolls with arugula and dates:
An easy, delicious and quick recipe that will surprise your guests.
Ingredients for 12 units:
- Beef carpaccio
- 90 g
- 20 g
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Ground black pepper
To assemble the rolls we spread several cuts of carpaccio, then we put on top a little arugula, a little grated Parmesan and two or three slices of dates. Season with salt and pepper, add a splash of oil and close the roll with the help of a toothpick so that it does not come apart.
Mussels with marinara sauce:
On such a special occasion you cannot miss it, it is a simple dish to prepare and that everyone likes.
- ½ kg of mussels
- 2 garlic
- 1 chilli
- 1 cup of white wine
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 pinch of salt
Put the mussels in a bowl with water and wash them very well. When you have the clean mussels, put the minced garlic and chilli in a pan with a drizzle of oil. As soon as it begins to brown, add the flour, stir well until golden. Next, add the white wine and the mussels and leave them over medium-high heat until they open.
Pea and Bell Pepper Cream Shots:
This is in the TOP5 of easy snacks to make the day before. It is a perfect Christmas starter, which is delicious, cheap and very easy to make.
Ingredients (4 People):
- 400 g frozen peas
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 spring onion
- Virgin olive oil
Step 1. Wash and dry the peppers. Remove the peduncle, seeds, and filaments. Cook for 10 minutes in water and drain. When cool, peel and mash with 2 tablespoons of oil and a pinch of salt until you get a fine cream; keep it in the fridge. Clean the spring onion well and cut it into thick julienne strips.
Step 2. Cook the peas in a glass of water for 5 minutes. Drain and mash them with a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of oil; Pass them through the Chinese and reserve in the fridge.
Step 3. Fill a few shot glasses with the cream of peppers up to a quarter and complete with the peas. Serve them decorated with the chives.
With this creamy and delicious lentil hummus, you will have guaranteed success with your friends. It's a great way to eat legumes that you are going to love.
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ lemon
- 20 milliliters of water
- 300 grams of canned lentils
- 10 grams of almonds
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon tahini sauce
- 50 milliliters of olive oil
- A pinch of salt
Rinse the cooked lentils under running tap water and drain. In the blender glass, add the lentils, the peeled garlic clove, the almonds, the cumin, the salt, the juice of half a lemon, the tahini sauce and the oil. Beat and add the water little by little until you see that a creamy mass remains. Place the mixture in a bowl and serve it with carrot sticks.
Roasted potatoes with salmon and cheese:
Baked potatoes with salmon and cheese is a simple and very healthy recipe that cannot be missing on your Christmas table as it is an exquisite combination that will appeal to both children and adults.
Ingredients (4 people):
- 4 medium potatoes
- 100 grams Smoked salmon
- 350 grams Cream cheese
- 1 pinch Salt
- We preheat the oven to 180º and while we wash the potatoes. Once the color is hot, we roast the potatoes and check that they are at their point by inserting a fork or toothpick and it will be the optimal point when it is hardly difficult to cross the potato. The time will depend on the size of the potato. Once they are ready, we remove them from the oven and reserve them for a few minutes until they cool a bit.
- After we cut the potatoes in half and remove the skin (it is not essential to remove the skin), we empty the inside of the potato a bit and the part that we extract we mix with the salmon and the cheeses, we salt it and we fill the potato with the mixture. We cover the top with more cheese and bake it again just to gratin the cheese.
- We place and decorate the plate with arugula, lamb's lettuce or any lettuce that we have.